Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Three weeks so far!

It has been an exciting three weeks, I have learned much more in three weeks than my entire career an undergraduate time. Is refreshing to try a different school, it had already broaden my knowledge and perception on this world.

It is amazing how the new technology have been able to make a social connection with people that never met before in person. The world is moving towards a society with no face-to-face interaction. People do not have to move or even leave their homes or offices to communicate, meet or interact with other people. Computer technologies have shrunk the world and limit in a way the tactful and warmth aspect of personal interaction.

When I arrived to Boston for the “Intensive” I had the privilege to meet people that I have been “talking” for the past two week through internet. Nothing compares to the way we have been able to share time together in the studio and the classroom. Going to lunch together, spending late nights in the studio, sharing personal experiences, have thought me how important that close interaction is. Putting a face to a voice or writing makes the social experience better.

1 comment:

Herb Childress said...

I'm glad you've had a great exeprience so far. I'm really looking forward to working with you on your architecture for street life research.